Our 2nd Annual Chowder Cook-Off was a blast! It was a cold, blustery day—perfect for chowder tasting. Despite the weather we had a GREAT turnout. Congratulations to our delicious winner SeaWitch Cafe’ & Tiki Bar!
Beach nourishment is finally underway for much of Carolina Beach & Kure Beach. This much-needed sand will begin coming to our local beaches after several months of delays.
The beaches are being rebuilt by th U.S. Army Corps of Engineers through their coastal storm damage reduction projects, also known as beach nourishment, which occurs every three years for the two Pleasure Island beach towns. This cycle, which cost $12.3 million dollars total (65 percent of which is paid using federal dollars, with the remaining 35 percent split between local governments) was originally scheduled to start in November.
What do you think about these changes?
Help us save and maintain the beauty of Carolina Beach! Do you know about dredging and schedules for our area? learn more here and help us save the inlet: https://carolinabeachinletassociation.org/index-2.html
Our January Meeting was a huge success. We saw huge numbers of old and new members who were ready to help us continue to spread our cause. We shared updates on inlet conditions, dredging schedules, and more.
Thank you for excitement and enthusiasm. We’ll see you at our February 5th meeting.