The Port, Waterway & Beach Commission met on February 10th to discuss a wide variety of topics affecting our area and CBIA association.
Topics discussed included:
Mason Inlet Relocation Project (MIRP)
• The maintenance event is underway with an estimated project completion of 20%. Shallow Draft Inlet (SDI-5) Permitting
• The Biological Assessment is under formal consultation by the USFWS with a Biological Opinion anticipated in the March/April timeframe.
• Draft reasonable and prudent measures/terms and conditions have been evaluated by the SDI-5 contractor.
Carolina Beach CSDR Project, Beach Renourishment Evaluation Report (BRER).
• A stakeholders meeting was held on January 25th.
• The USACE awaits BRER funding from either the President’s FY17 Budget or the USACE’s FY16 workplan.